Take a step back in time and discover more than 300 years of Liverpool’s history with The Heritage Trail at Liverpool ONE.
You will journey back to the creation of the world’s first commercial wet dock, discover the port’s role in global events, and meet the people and discover the places that have shaped this maritime powerhouse.
Whether you are a visitor to the city, or born and bred in Liverpool, you will be surprised by the secrets revealed by this free self-guided audio tour.
How to follow the trail
Across Liverpool ONE there are 16 stopping-off points which are marked with a location point sign. Each is the site of an event, a place or a person that helps us tell the fascinating tale of Liverpool’s history.
To follow the trail you can either:
- Download our free app by searching ‘Liverpool ONE’ in the App Store or Play Store and download MyONE. On it you will find a comprehensive audio guide that directs you to each point on the trail and tells you about the spot’s inspiring people, important places and key events. Remember to bring your headphones!
- Pick up a free Heritage Trail map from the Information Centre on Wall Street in Liverpool ONE.
This free and fully-accessible trail begins opposite the Hilton Hotel on Thomas Steers Way (by the Liverpool sign) and ends at Chavasse Park, but you can join at any point. The whole tour should take you 60-90 minutes. And because you are in Liverpool ONE there are plenty of opportunities to stop for refreshments on the way!
Warning: this Heritage Trail is really interesting! Please be aware of your surroundings and be extra careful nearby or when crossing roads. Please use the pedestrian crossings.
Schools or groups with children may wish to miss out location 4 which is reached by crossing a main road. Continue your route from location 3 around the back of John Lewis to location 5.
Enjoy the trail, we hope you have a memorable walk. Don’t forget to tag @liverpool_oneofficial along the way.
- Please be aware of your surroundings and be extra careful when nearby or crossing roads. Please use the pedestrian crossings.
- Schools or groups with children may wish to miss out location 4 which is reached by crossing a main road. Continue your route from point 3, around the back of john Lewis to location 5.
- Children must be accompanied and supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
- Please ensure you do not listen to the audio recording while moving between locations, particularly while crossing roads.
- Please ensure you stick to the trail route and only access areas which have public access granted.
- Liverpool ONE is not liable for any damage, loss or injury that may occur as a result of following the Heritage Trail.