Stein Time Management has a significant opportunity in the market to expand and extend its corporate and group customer base. The Bierkeller in Liverpool is of a size and diversity to adapt to individual customer requirements with innovation and variety. It consists of 3 bars, Bierkeller, The Lodge and Shooters Sports Bar.
The role of a Sales and Events Manager is to find, develop and manage these outward bound relationships and think innovatively with ways to drive new business into the venue.
Responsibilities and duties
- Complete a full quarterly marketing strategy/plan.
- Establish a network of clients that can be used for new and existing events and bookings. In conjunction with the unit marketing plan ensure that the unit database is increasing to agreed targets.
- Attend networking, trade exhibitions and conferences, to help expand our network and drive sales. Report the outcome and benefits of these.
- Use LinkedIn to network, produce bookings promoting B2B relationships.
- Update social media platforms with scheduled and unscheduled posts encouraging interactions and grow the page likes/followers.
- Review local and national opportunities with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Tik Tok.
- Report plans to grow the social media platforms by agreed amounts.
- Commission and review video content as a key tool in social media opportunities.
- Ensure all other digital platforms (website/ Google My Business..) are current and reviewed regularly.
- Respond to all online reviews and feedback.
- Report customer feedback to site and senior management.
- Update Collins/DMN daily and pass information onto unit management to facilitate bookings.
- Ensure venue fills are complete for both sites every Monday and Friday. Completing function information/timeline sheets.
- Manage and report feedback from events with recovery plans and bounce-back opportunities
- Attend a weekly meeting/conference call with the Brand Manager/Project Manager/Senior Site Supervisors to discuss timelines and action points, deadlines, highlighting opportunities for new business and sustaining existing business.
- Monitor the stock of all relevant marketing material and POS ensuring this is in date and displayed in the venue.
- Complete a weekly KPI report.
- Host and attend major events and bookings as the first point of contact for clients and event organisers.
- Create and implement proposals for our existing and new clients.
- Attend scheduled meetings with other Sales and Marketing Managers to discuss issues and future plans or any specified training sessions.
- Co-ordinating in-house or external events and to act as the face of the business to customers and guests.
- Hold regular meetings with target companies and groups weekly to showcase the venue.
- Build relationships with local businesses and sports clubs.
- Build relationships with booking agents including third party restaurant bookings, stag/hen bookers and venue finding websites.
- Analyse current and past financial data and sales reports, providing strategies to cut costs and increase revenue.
- Perform market research to identify new opportunities and document strategies for pursuing these new opportunities.
- Report variances to budget and propose plans to recover and improve on them.
- Provide training and mentoring to members staff developing their sales and customer experience skills.
Any other tasks reasonably expected by the Senior site or Company team.
Experience and skills
- 3+ years experience working in a business/sales role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Great leadership skills.
- Able to attend significant client and customer events, at weekends or otherwise busier site sessions.
- The ability to travel to meet clients, attend conferences and research new markets as needed.
- In-depth knowledge of LinkedIn and use the tool to network, produce booking results and develop and maintain B2B relationships. In depth knowledge of social media platforms including but not exclusively Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Tik Tok.
- In depth knowledge of Collins/DMN.
If this Job is of interest to you, please E-mail a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Closing date 3 April 2023