Alternatively, you can download the form and send it via email to Joshua.firstname.lastname@example.org.
ONE Community Stand guidance
The stand has been designed to be weather resistant and is mounted on wheels allowing it to be positioned in various locations around Liverpool ONE. It can display:
- 2 x A1 posters with details of your charity/campaign
- 2 x DL leaflet holders
- 2 x A5 leaflet holders
It also has a lockable space in its base where personal belongings can be stored.
In the interest of health and safety, before Liverpool ONE can confirm bookings for the ONE Community Stand, you will need to submit;
- Public Liability Insurance
- A risk assessment for using the ONE Community Stand (http://www.hse.gov.uk/risk/ for templates and instructions about how to write a risk assessments)
The ONE Community Stand should only be used for awareness raising activities. You should not:
- Sell goods;
- Erect additional structures, pop up stands, gazebos and banners (chairs can be used if there’s a medical reason);
- Wear fancy dress, play music or perform (unless permission has been granted by Liverpool ONE);
- Move the stand from its designated location;
- Aggressively market your cause.
If you’d like to find out about additional promotional opportunities at Liverpool ONE. Please contact email@example.com on 0151 232 3139.
On the day, please ensure:
- You arrive at Liverpool ONE Information Centre by 10am (a member of the Liverpool ONE Team will position the ONE Community Stand);
- At least 1 volunteer is with the stand ONE Community Stand at all times;
- Leaflets are given out as part of a conversation;
- The ONE Community Stand is kept tidy with any additional materials stored in the bottom.
- Charities are liable for any damage to the ONE Community Stand;
- Liverpool ONE is not responsible for anything stored within the ONE Community Stand that is lost or damaged;
- Liverpool ONE is not liable for any injury whilst charities are using the ONE Community Stand.