Job Title: Sales Associate
Reports to: Store Manager
General Summary: Provide a complete shopping experience for our customers, involving product knowledge and a positive “can do” attitude to customer service.
Essential Job Functions:
• Primary Responsibility / Customer Service
• Greet all customers promptly and courteously as they enter the store
• Direct customers throughout the store or to the specific area the customer requests
• Find out the specific needs of each person that enters the store by using open questions, as detailed in the Fred Perry Customer Service Handbook
• Give accurate and current information about the product for all inquiries; If the correct information is not at hand, do everything possible to provide an answer before the customer leaves the store
• Understand the returns policy and use it as a positive selling tool
• Maintain a positive and cheerful attitude and cooperate with teamwork
• Apply the above standards to all phone inquiries
At times it may be necessary to perform the following duties:
• Timely and accurate processing of incoming and outgoing merchandise
• Be proactive in Loss Prevention by keeping the stockroom well organized and maintaining proper procedures. Work with store management to address Loss Prevention concerns.
• Through merchandising, create a retail environment that is innovative, unique and customer friendly. Maintain and grow the store’s visual personality to reflect the area in which it is located.
Merchandising and Maintenance
• Check stock daily to ensure that all products are adequately stocked, ticketed, sized and available for customers; If stock is not currently available offer to put their name in the customer order book and to call them when stock arrives
• All folded merchandise must be neat and well folded; Sizes should be arranged in order from smallest to largest
• Window featured merchandise should be prominently displayed in each section
• Be able to regularly perform store maintenance items: sweep, vacuum, empty trash, clean.
• Maintain a clean and well-organized stock-room area
• Vacuum, sweep floors and empty all rubbish bins each day if required
• Report to work on time or notify in advance if absent or late
• Operate the cash register; It should be each employee’s goal to use the register without error and to be consistently accurate in money handling
• Use correct procedures for processing mail orders and transfers
• Know the procedures for processing paperwork between the store and Retail Department
• Practice security measures that help prevent theft; understand the procedures for handling shoplifters. Remember prevention is better than cure, as detailed in the Fred Perry Loss Prevention Handbook
• Able to safely lift boxes up to 25kgs
• Comfortable with climbing ladders
• Standing for extended period of time
Minimum Job Qualifications:
• Available to work store schedule – Monday to Sunday/between 7 and 11hrs per week.
• Retail experience necessary
• Positive, enthusiastic approach to the Fred Perry Brand
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors / visitors.
To apply, bring a CV with cover letter to the store or email firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Now
This content is blocked. Accept cookies to view the content.