We are looking for an Assistant Workshop Manager to join our team. The job description is outlined below.
To apply, please email Liverpool@buildabear.co.uk
The Assistant Workshop Manager is responsible for achieving sales goals, meeting merchandising brand standards and delivering operational excellence through effectively leading a high performing team during their scheduled shifts. In the absence of the Chief Workshop Manager, they are responsible for the daily operations of the workshop.
The Assistant Workshop Manager’s specific responsibilities also include all aspects of inventory control, visual merchandising, backroom organisation, and store safety policies and procedures.
The Assistant Manager is expected to role model BABW core values and Experience First behaviors in all actions and interactions in order to create a positive guest and associate experience.
– Act as the leader on duty and consistently model the Experience First® standards and behaviors in the absence of the Chief Workshop Manager.
– Communicate clear expectations and hold the store team and self accountable for achieving all brand, performance and behaviour standards.
– Build effective relationships with associates, peers and supervisor to develop a high performing team and customer-centric culture.
– Delegates effectively with associate team.
– Maintains a positive and motivational style in all communication and actions to promote productivity and ownership.
– Proactively seek personal learning and development opportunities to build leadership skills and enhance individual performance.
Drives for Results
– Support the Chief Workshop Manger in the execution of the short and long term store business plans to drive results and maximises business opportunities.
– Energises associates as a role model Floor Leader to ensure proper coverage, exceptional Guest service, completion of daily tasks and adherence to company standards.
– Builds a highly satisfied and loyal customer base through engagement, conversion and capturing Guest information through the Build-A-Bear loyalty programme.
Builds High Performing Teams
– Assists the Chief Workshop Manager with recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training employees according to company guidelines.
– Communicates associates issues to CWM in a timely fashion and collaborates on resolution of all issues.
– Supports the review process for associates.
– Drives employee engagement by recognising and rewarding employees for outstanding performance.
Operates with Excellence
– Controls payroll and monitors timekeeping procedures. Audits daily clock in and clock out to ensure accuracy and compliance with BABW policies and procedures.
– Ensures store is Grand Opening ready always by following opening and closing procedures.
– Operates and maintains all IT systems in accordance with BABW policies and procedures.
– Adheres to and enforces all BABW store security and cash management policies and procedures.
– Communicates regularly with Chief Workshop Manager, participates in productive team meetings.
– Assists CWM in compliance with all local legislation and regulations that govern the store’s operation.
– Uses good judgment and partners with his/her Chief Workshop Manager to make necessary decisions within the company’s guidelines.
Executes the Brand Story
– Maintain the efficient and productive handling of all merchandise including shipment receipt and processing, floor sets, markdown optimisation and replenishment systems while maintaining backroom Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
– Elevates issues to Chief Workshop Manager.
– Executes visual presentation standards using BABW visual standard guidelines and store presentation tools.
– Maintains impeccable housekeeping and maintenance standards.
– Any other reasonable duty requested by management.
– Two + Years of supervisory experience with a proven, successful track record in a customer centric business, preferably in restaurant or specialty retail business.
– Successfully passed at least 4 GCSEs at high school.
– Is ambitious and success oriented.
– Exceptional leadership and selling skills.
– Models personal and professional integrity.
– Excellent interpersonal communications skills, including verbal and written communication
– Organised and planful; pays attention to details.
– Is flexible and adaptable in a fast paced work environment.
– Fosters a high energy environment and demonstrates an appreciation for children of all ages.
– Balances the appropriate levels of warmth and dominance in his/her management style.
– Proven success with training and developing associates in order to maximise their potential.
Job descriptions are used for informational purposes only, are not to be considered all inclusive of responsibilities within a position, and may change periodically with or without notice. In addition, we reserve the right to add, delete, change duties, formally or informally, verbally or in writing, at any time for any position.
This content is blocked. Accept cookies to view the content.