From 14 - 20 May, the nation will be celebrating what could easily be Britain's most iconic culinary invention: the sandwich. That's right, it's Sandwich week so we've put together a list of some of the best sarnies around!
1) Our first top sandwich is Eat’s Harissa Humous & Rainbow Vegetable. The taste and texture of this sandwich is pure heaven – there’s crunchy picked carrot, shredded beetroot and rocket leaves on malted brown bread with a spread of delicious Harissa Humous.
2) A true classic, Bill’s Fish Finger Sandwich is simple but superb. Featuring tartare sauce, rocket salad, ketchup, toasted farmhouse bread and served with fries, this is a tasty treat.
3) Next up, we have Turtle Bay’s Kingston Pull Pork Toastie. Taking the sandwich to the next level, this toastie packs a punch. With slow roasted pull jerk pork, cheddar cheese, rocket and sweet onion chutney, served with West Indian hot sauce, Caribbean slaw and fries, this toastie is the stuff of dreams.
4) Sandwich number four is Pret’s Veggie New Yorker. This veggie twist on the classic New Yorker on Rye is filled with flavour. Tangy mustard mayo and mature cheddar sit perfectly with gherkins, pickled cabbage, carrot and rocket, all neatly sandwiched between Pret’s own rye and caraway bread – delicious.
5) At number five, we have Yard & Coop’s Chicken Butty. Featured on their new £5 lunch menu, this beauty is made up of buttermilk fried chicken thigh with Monterey Jack cheese and chips in a bun. Finished off with a choice of curry sauce or homemade chicken gravy, we can’t get enough.
6) If you’re looking for something more traditional, try Cosy Club’s Steak Sandwich. Paired with slow-roasted tomatoes, baby kale, roasted red onions and mature cheddar in toasted Puccia bread, this is truly sandwich royalty.
7) Last but certainly not least, is Eat’s West Country Cheddar Ploughmans. You can’t really go wrong with a cheese sandwich and Eat’s Ploughman’s is as good as they get. Featuring thick slices of West Country Cheddar with pink pickled onion chutney, spinach, tomato and mayonnaise on soft multiseed bloomer bread, this sandwich is simple yet incredibly satisfying.