Time For Tennis
I was watching the tennis at Queen’s last week with more than a touch of envy of the players. Partly at their fitness levels, partly at the money they’re paid but mainly at the styles. Tennis is one of the few sports where the players look as stylish on the court as off it.
With polos, shorts, skirts and dresses it’s quite a versatile look which is absolutely perfect for summer as it is characterised by being comfortable as well as chic. This is seen in the tendency for white items, though I’ve mixed it up a little bit with the yellow dress from Urban Outfitters and the fantastic blazer from Zara (which is very Roger Federer).
I might not be able to serve and volley very well but I can find the best tennis styles. So whether you’re playing at the court on Chavasse Park or watching Wimbledon on the telly, I’ve looked for items which will give you the advantage in the style stakes. Just be careful not to spill your strawberries and cream on anything!
1. Topshop - Textured Pleat Skirt £36
2. American Apparel - Tennis Skirt £46
3. American Apparel - Open Knit Tennis Shirt £54
4. Mango - Cotton Shorts £17.99
5. Urban Outfitters - Petit Bateau Sleeveless Tennis Dress £58
6. Fred Perry - Racer Back Tennis Dress £60
7. Zara - Double Breasted Blazer £79.99
8. Office - Superga 2750 Low £44.99
9. Fred Perry - Brooker Espadrille £45
10. John Lewis - Adidas by Stella McCartney Barricade Tennis Dress £80
11. Nike - Wrap Knit Tennis Dress £50
12. Simply Be - Sleeveless Daisy Lace Shift Dress £45