If I could go back to any era of fashion, it’d probably be London in the Swinging Sixties.
Sadly I can’t time-travel, however, we can recreate the 60s look from shops around Liverpool ONE. Earlier this week I went on a scouting mission for anything with a touch of Mary Quant about it. This look isn’t your obvious fancy dress 60s it’s about bold colours and geometric prints on short shifts, and miniskirts.
There are some items which have crossed over from menswear, such as the boots from Jones the Bootmaker and the iconic Fred Perry polo. I’ve included the best of my findings below, including the round Topshop sunglasses, I’ve been wearing while the sun is out.
1. Simply Be - Sixties dress £32.50
2. Topshop - 60s Lace Panel Shift Dress (Tomato) £46
3. H&M - Skirt £12.99
4. Jones the Bootmaker - Mercy Ankle Boots £110
5. Topshop - 60s Oval Sunglasses £16
6. French Connection - Colour Block Tailored Dress £135
7. Accessorize - Spotty Bow Alice Band £6
8. The Kooples - Geometric Print Jacket £137.50
9. Cath Kidston - Spot Tiny Umbrella £22
10. Fred Perry - Twin Tipped Women's Polo £55