We can’t say no to anything that shimmers, so naturally I were happy when shimmery, shiny materials started popping up on everything from handbags to eye pencils.
Shimmery, shiny stuff – or to give the trend its technical name, ‘iridescent’ – is perfect for spring and summer. It’s bright, feminine and dead easy to wear. The way the sunlight reflects off iridescent materials creates a mermaid-type effect, and brings out your inner Ariel.
As well as softer shimmery materials, the trend has also inspired some bold items for when you really want to stand out (like the amazing Jeffrey Campbell Lita in Office).
There are also lots of iridescent effects in make-up at the moment, and we came across some great items at Beauty Bazaar from MAC, Shu Uemura and nails inc.
1. American Apparel - Disco Skirt - £60
2. Oasis - Glitter Envelope Clutch Bag - £25
3. Beauty Bazaar – nails inc. Bling It On Hologram - £20
4. John Lewis – WEEKEND Colour Block Leather Shopper Handbag - £99
5. Zara - Printed Oriental Bomber - £69
6. Beauty Bazaar - Shu Uemura Vinyl Unlimited (iridescent)- £18.50
7. Topshop - Scoop Back Maxi Slip Dress - £50
8. Office – Future Strap Sandal - £48
9. Miss Selfridge - Strike Lurex Gold Peep Toe - £45
10. Whistles - Stina Stripe Top - £110
11. Office – Jeffrey Campbell - £120
12. Beauty Bazaar - MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil (permaplum) - £14