Light as a Feather
I’ve always thought feathers are a mark of class and style, so it’s about time they came into fashion.
Lots of stores are all-a-flutter with prints and accessories, as feathers crop up everywhere from jewellery to knickers. Some have gone all out with the look, such as the bold dress from Pulp, whereas others have opted for subtlety; see the embroidered jean shirt from The Kooples as an understated example.
Of course, it wouldn’t be summer without options for festivals, and Topshop have obliged. The feathers wings might look a bit OTT for a mooch around town, but will add a touch of style to whichever muddy field you end up in this summer.
1. H&M - Sleeveless Blouse £7.99
2. John Lewis - CC Feather Print Dress £69.60
3. Topshop - Long Bead and Feather Chain £18.50
4. Topshop - Feather Print Underwire Bra & Mini £26
5. Beauty Bazaar - Butter LONDON Branwens Feather Nail Lacquer £12
6. John Lewis - Nails Inc. Feathers Nail Polish £11
7. John Lewis - Alex Monroe Little Feather Gold Necklace £120
8. Pulp - Iron First Havana Breeze Dress £54.99
9. Simply Be - AX Paris Feather Print Dress £38
10. American Apparel - Oversized Feather Bow £16
11. Warehouse - Feather Print Maxi Skirt £45
12. Zara - Chain Necklace with Feathers £19.99
13. The Kooples - Embroidered Jean Shirt £98
14. Topshop - Festival Feathers Wings £35