Earn Your Stripes
With the 4th July approaching, what better time to get our Yankee on with prints referencing the good ol’ U-S-of-A?
The Stars and Stripes is undoubtedly the most recognisable flag in the world, and its popularity means it appears on everything from doorknobs to mugs and even car bonnets. Led by the popularity of American Apparel in recent years, the flag has also been used increasingly in fashion. I found it subtle on t-shirts and denim shorts, and a little more boldly on the Jeffrey Campbell Ping-Pong wedges.
It may not be a style you wear day-in-day-out, but for anything American-themed it helps to have a couple in your wardrobe. For those of you who balk at the sight of stars and stripes though, don’t worry – I’ve included a couple of other items that allow you to show your love of America without and red, white or blue.
1. American Apparel - US Flag Screen Printed Crop Denim Vest £46
2. Claire's Accessories - Party in the USA Earrings £4
3. New Look - Grey USA Flag Crop Joggers £14.99
4. BANK - Blonde & Blonde American Print Denim Shorts £26
5. Republic - Reverse USA Fringe T-shirt £17
6. PULP - American Candy £17
7. Urban Outfitters - New Era Chicago White Sox Baseball Cap £25
8. Topshop - US Peace Crop Top £20
9. Topshop - Los Angeles t-shirt £20
10. Republic - Rock and Rags by Firetrap American Flag Bandeau Bikini £18
11. Internacionale - Navy American Flag Ankle Socks £1.50
12. Office - Jeffrey Campbell Ping Pong Wedge £70
13. Miss Selfridge - California Vest £22
14. New Look - Black American Flag Coca-Cola Print Tank Top £20
15. American Apparel - US Flag Tube Top (£15) and Spandex Leggings (£28)